The October 24 Cedartown Planning Commission Agenda can be accessed here.

Notice of Charter Amendment: St. Bernadette's Catholic Church



A conditional use permit notice for 557-B Main Street can be accessed here.

Burn ban extended for Cedartown; Polk County

Burn ban extended for Cedartown; Polk County

From the Polk County Standard Journal:   The City of Cedartown is joining with Rockmart in extending the expiration of the burn ban in the area past the beginning of October. According to Cedartown Fire Chief Darrell Stephens, the ban is being extended until the western portions of Polk County within the city limits get moreContinue Reading

Cedartown Police Department’s K9 Bear has received body armor

Cedartown Police Department’s K9 Bear has received body armor

Cedartown Police Department’s K9 Bear has received a bullet and stab protective vest thanks to a charitable donation from non-profit organization Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. K9 Bear’s vest is sponsored by a fundraiser hosted at the Derby by Christy Brewer of Alpharetta, GA and embroidered with the sentiment “In loving memory of Sydnee”. BearContinue Reading

Big Spring Park closed for repairs

Big Spring Park closed for repairs

Cedartown, Ga. – September 23, 2016: Cedartown’s Big Spring Park will be closed to the public over the coming weeks due to repair work along the historic waterway’s overflow channel. The retaining walls that direct the spring’s overflow away from the water plant have seen better days. Some parts of the 1930s-era retaining wall areContinue Reading

Giving back, community spirit is focus of this year’s Cedartown Christmas Parade

Giving back, community spirit is focus of this year’s Cedartown Christmas Parade

Cedartown, Ga. – September 16, 2016: It’s a phrase heard often around the holidays, and for the majority of us, we believe it to be true: It’s better to give than receive. But how many of us actually live out that statement? This year, those wishing to participate in the annual Cedartown Christmas Parade will have the chance to liveContinue Reading

What are City Hall’s normal business hours?

Our normal business hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.

We do not close for lunch.

Our telephone number is 770-748-3220 and our fax number is 770-748-8962. We are located at 201 East Avenue.

What utility services does the City of Cedartown provide?

We provide commercial and residential water, sewer and garbage service. The City’s water is provided by Big Spring, the second largest limestone spring in the southeast. We pride ourselves on the quality of our water. Click here to access the latest water quality report.

The City contracts through a private company to provide garbage pick-up. When you apply for garbage service, a polycart will be delivered to your residence. Only household trash placed in that polycart will be serviced. Pick-ups take place early Friday morning, and the City recommends taking out your trash on Thursday evening (holiday schedules are an exception to this recommendation).

Click here for a utility services form.

How do I apply for these services?

All new utility accounts must be applied for in person at City Hall, 201 East Avenue. You can speed up the process by downloading and filling out the utility services form online. Be prepared to show your driver’s license or State-issued ID. If you are renting or leasing the property where water service is requested, you are required to show a copy of the rental or lease agreement and must include the property owner’s name, signature and telephone number.

To access a PDF of our Water Service Policy and Optional Leak Protection.

How will I be charged for these services?

Water fees are assessed based on household usage. Meters are read by a uniformed city employee every month. Leak Protection is strongly recommended.

Garbage fees are billed at $12.50 per month per polycart for residential service and $25.50 per month per polycart for commercial service.

When is my water bill due?

All water bills are due and payable the 10th day of each month.

I need to know zoning information for a specific piece of property. How do I find that out?

Click here for a zoning map of Cedartown. Use your computer’s Ctrl key or Open Apple key and your plus and minus keys to zoom in and out for easier viewing.

If you have further questions, please contact Joseph Martin at 770-748-3220, ext. 216.


I am building a home in Cedartown. How do I secure a building permit?

Building permits are issued by our code enforcement officer, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. until 9 a.m. and from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. or make an appointment with our Building Inspector by calling 770-748-3220, ext. 216. For more information on the process and a link to our codes and ordinances, click here.

How do I report a pothole or a street that needs attention?

You can call our City Shop at 770-748-6977 or file an online work order here.

When are City property taxes due and how are they assessed?

City taxes are due on December 1st of every year. Property values on land are assessed by the Polk County Tax Assessors office.